Secure Coding mailing list archives

top 10 software security surprises

From: chandra at list.org (Pravir Chandra)
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 15:57:55 -0800

Hey All.
On the topic of maturity models, in Gary's first article he mentioned a
draft model I created. Since I've mostly been discussing it in OWASP
circles, I wanted to point out the Software Assurance Maturity Model (SAMM)
project at http://www.opensamm.org

I kicked off that work based on a few years experience running with CLASP
and with help from the guys at Fortify. Currently, there's a BETA release (
http://www.opensamm.org/downloads/SAMM-BETA-0.8.1.pdf), but a new revision
should be available by the end of year. That next revision will reflect
feedback from individual reviewers, output from OWASP working sessions, and
much of the real-world feedback that Gary talks about below.

I'm always interested to hear comments/questions/flames, so please feel free
to download it and send any feedback.

Thanks!

p.