Secure Coding mailing list archives

Questions asked on job interview for application security/penetration testing job

From: mparsons1980 at gmail.com (Matt Parsons)
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2009 16:43:37 -0500

Ladies and gentlemen,

I was asked the following questions on a job phone interview and wondered
what the proper answers were.   I was told their answers after the
interview. I was also told that the answers to these questions were one or
two word words.  In the beginning of next week I will post what they told me
were the proper answers.   Any references would be greatly appreciated.

1.  What are the security functions of SSL?

2.  What is a 0 by 90 bytes error.

3.  What is a digital signature, Not what it is?

4.  What is the problem of having a predictable sequence of bits in TCP/IP?

5.  What is heap memory?

6.  What is a system call?

7.  what is two factor authentication?

Thanks

Matt

Matt Parsons, CISSP

Parsons Software Security Consulting, LLC