Secure Coding mailing list archives

Re: Static code review for iPhone developers?

From: Dan Cornell <dan () denimgroup com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2010 08:46:48 -0700

Greetings SC-L folks.  Hey, I have a quick question I'd like to submit
to this group.

Anyone know of any static code analysis tools that can scan an iPhone
app package?  Something that integrates with the Xcode SDK and can at
the very least scan through all of the Objective C in the src tree is
what I'm looking for.  Any SCA product vendors currently doing this?
Please contact me on or off list.

XCode has a built in static analysis tool, but I'm not sure how thorough it is:
<http://developer.apple.com/mac/library/featuredarticles/StaticAnalysis/index.html>

Not sure if any of the commercial folks support Objective-C yet.

Thanks,

Dan