Secure Coding mailing list archives

ESAPI 2.0 rc11 is live

From: Jim Manico <jim.manico () owasp org>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 00:05:44 -0700

I'm very pleased to announce that ESAPI for Java 2.0 rc11 is now live! We are optimistic that this release will be
promoted to GA (General Availability) in approximately 2 weeks.

The primary thrust for this release was to enhance the "Encryptor" reference implementation based on advice from
several applied crypto experts.

You can download the complete release distribution here:

http://code.google.com/p/owasp-esapi-java/downloads/detail?name=esapi-2.0_rc11-dist.zip&can=2

There are also a variety of other download options here:

http://code.google.com/p/owasp-esapi-java/downloads/list

For information on using ESAPI with Maven please see:

http://code.google.com/p/owasp-esapi-java/wiki/esapi4java_v2_Using_Maven

Release notes can be found at the root of the various archive releases in changelog.txt

Special thanks go to Kevin Wall for his *many* crypto patches and hard work to make this release happen.

Thanks also go to Steven van der Baan, John Melton, August Detlefsen and our "build-master" Chris Schmidt for "dropping
code" to make this release happen.

And thank you to all the other unnamed folks who submitted patches and support ESAPI in a wide variety of ways!

Aloha!

 - Jim Manico
 ESAPI Project Manager
 OWASP Volunteer