Snort mailing list archives

Re: Starting snort against multiple interfaces?

From: "Bill Marquette" <wlmarque () hewitt com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 16:44:28 -0500

Nope, last time I downloaded it (not long after snort moved to sourceforge), I
found that it wasn't a checked out tree so didn't suite my needs.  Haven't
looked at it since as I set up my own mirror and had no reason to believe the
archive process had changed.

--Bill

|--------+------------------------------->
|        |          Brian Caswell        |
|        |          <bmc () mitre org>      |
|        |                               |
|        |          06/19/2001 04:34 PM  |
|        |                               |
|--------+------------------------------->
  >-------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |      To:   Bill Marquette/National/Hewitt Associates@Hewitt Associates  |
  |       NA                                                                |
  |      cc:   snort-users () lists sourceforge net                            |
  |      Client:                                                            |
  |      Subject:   Re: [Snort-users] Starting snort against multiple       |
  |       interfaces?                                                       |
  >-------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Bill Marquette wrote:
     http://snort.sourceforge.net/snort-daily.tar.gz contains a daily snapshot
of the CVS tree.  Be warned though, I believe it's a tarball of the actual CVS
tree, not the export (or checked out) tree.  This should at least get you
around
your firewall issues :)  Alternately, I make a snapshot at midnight CDT, that
is
a checked out version, it's available (if you want to trust me :)) at:
http://www.danger.ms/~billm/snort-current.tgz

Did you actually LOOK before stating this?

snort-daily.tar.gz is a snapshot of the latest version of snort
generated daily.  If you want the latest (and sometimes greatest)
bleeding edge snort, get snort-daily.tar.gz from
snort.sourceforge.net.  "Current" is not for general consumption, but
it is usually what is being actively looked by the developers.

--
Brian Caswell
The MITRE Corporation