Snort mailing list archives

RE: FTP seen as portscan?

From: "Stephen C Burns" <sburns () farpointer net>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2001 10:28:01 -0500

Great question.  I know that this is an FTP connect because the source
IP is the internet interface of my NAT router (server is colocated
elsewhere) and my ftpd's logs reflect connection states that match up
with these timestamps.  However, I don't know what type of client this
someone is using.  I know that this person was only logged in once.