Snort mailing list archives

Re: Does ICMP detection work or what?

From: Dragos Ruiu <dr () kyx net>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2001 03:38:26 -0700

The defragger has had several fixes since Snort 1.7 that could account for
the behaviour you see (esp. on sparc boxen).  I posted a new one to snort-devel
this afternoon, since then another small problem has been fixed in this latest
version v1.4....

This should also be backwards compatible to snort 1.7 source trees.
(or 1.6 for that matter, but your really ought to think about upgrading if
you're there!)  Please replace spp_defrag.c with this latest v1.4 one and
let me know if your problem still occurs.  Please contact me if it is still in
error, and further information may be gleaned by enbling more diagnostics
by defining DEBUG in the defragger code.

Notes about the release from the snort-devel posting are attached
below with the code.

thanks,
--dr