Snort mailing list archives

RE:Acid

From: "Larry Chuon" <lchuon () hotmail com>
Date: Sun, 06 May 2001 12:26:12 -0000

Hi everyone,

Many thanks to those of you who shed light on me to get snort, acid, and mysql to work.

I have some questions regarding ACID.

a. Instead of running mysql, I would like to run postgres. Are there anything else I have to do besides recompiling snort with appropriate switches and modify snort.conf file?

b. I look around and see there's a script called "Guardian.pl" How do I get this to work if my log are going to the database? The simplest way is to log to both a file and db.

c. Some people have two NIC in their snort server. Is it used to bridge two networks? Or there are other reasons for it?

Once again, thanks in advance for your help.

Larry