Snort mailing list archives

snort + aris

From: Ron 'The InSaNe One' Rosson <insane () lunatic oneinsane net>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 10:30:38 -0700

I am getting ready to reset up aris on my network but I am confused on
what my command line should be.

Here is my basic setup:

IDS system logging to a remote Database

Command line for snort is:
/usr/local/bin/snort -D -d -c /etc/snort.rules

Here is the output part of my  snort.rules file

output database: alert, mysql, user=nobody dbname=snort host=postal

TIA