Snort mailing list archives

Re: At configure: No such file or directory

From: John Sage <jsage () finchhaven com>
Date: Sun, 13 May 2001 01:08:49 -0700

H D Moore wrote:

Hrm, snort may not build on a 2.4 machine. Try resinstalling 2.2.x kernel source, backup your old, compile snort, then switch them out again.

Actually, the 2.4.x upgrade I've probably put off for a while..

"If it's not broke, don't upgrade it"

I've been lurking on the iptables list (which is my main motivation for
moving to 2.4.x anyway), and there are issues..

Thanks for your help; snort is now up and running. Very interesting!

- John