Snort mailing list archives

RE: spp_http_decode: CGI Null Byte attack detected

From: Dan Fiorito <danf () clearnetwork com>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 16:13:54 -0400

http://www.snort.org/FAQ.html

--faq-- --snort-- --faq-- --snort-- --faq-- --snort-- --faq--
Q: I am getting too many "IIS Unicode attack detected" and/or "CGI Null Byte
   attack detected" false positives.  How can I turn this detection off?

A: These messages are produced by the http_decode preprocessor.  If you wish
   to turn these checks off, add -unicode or -cginull to your http_decode
   preprocessor line respectively.

        preprocessor http_decode: 80 8080 -unicode -cginull