Snort mailing list archives

Re: [Snort-devel] When will snort be offically released?

From: Martin Roesch <roesch () sourcefire com>
Date: Sat, 02 Jun 2001 23:12:32 -0400

Well, Real Soon Now.  There are a few basic problem when trying to
answer this question.

1) Stream3 is badly broken and probably requires a full rewrite with me
actually concentrating on it this time.

2) I'm working on a new output plugin that is a few more days from being
complete.

3) This new output plugin requires some changes to a couple subsystems
in the program, which is going to cause us to need to test things for a
few days.

4) All the docs need to be updated.

5) I'm busy with other things (work, etc).

I'd like to say 2 weeks, hopefully less, but there's no guarantees at
this point.

     -Marty

rottz () securityflaw com wrote:

cleanup in here soon (before 1.8).

    -Marty

Do you have any kinda timeline when Snort 1.8 will be "offically"
released. I have a few people asking me already. And I wanted to hear
from the "man" before I release or say anything. I know Brian Casewell
said -><- but I'm not sure how to convert that into a timeline!! :P

Your Snort-User Loving Pal
Rottz

p.s.
Check my new Network Security Bible at http://www.securityflaw.com/bible
and you can email bible () securityflaw com if you would like to see
anything added. I want it to be a network security project for the
newbies wanting to make it in the fast pace network security world.

--
Martin Roesch
roesch () sourcefire com