Snort mailing list archives

Re: (no subject)

From: Dragos Ruiu <dr () kyx net>
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2001 18:39:17 -0700

Option to what?

if you are talking about snort... man snort will be a good bit of help for
you or even snort -h.

Now, I'm tempted to be a bastard and leave it at RTFM, but I'll be nice today
even though that wasn't a very good question and you probably took
way more energy yourself and people's time posting it here rather than
spending 30  seconds to look for the answer.... I'm not trying to be owly,
but I just don't want to see this group degenerate into a replacement for
"man snort".  In general it's a good idea to consult the man pages, the usage
documentation and the FAQ before posting queries.

-d dump data packet payloads
-e dump ethernet headers
-v verbose sniffer mode

cheers,