Snort mailing list archives

Re: SnortReport

From: Chris Adams <chris () improbable org>
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2001 17:45:53 -0700

On Tuesday, August 7, 2001, at 04:55 PM, Julia A. Case wrote:

Quoting Chris Adams (chris () improbable org):
I've made a number of changes to snort report - fixing most of the PHP

I have one change for you to add...

srconf.php
set_time_limit(0);

I had trouble with the reports timing out when scaning large periods of
time...  This prevents PHP from timing the script out.

This brings up a good question - what sort of times are most people seeing when generating reports with real-world levels of data? My development system is behind a switch, so it's only seeing traffic directed to it, so I don't have a ton of data to test against yet. (In the not so distant future, I will be watching 2 or 3 /24s, so this will change)

Chris