Snort mailing list archives

libntp

From: Bryan Childs <bryan.childs () mercator com>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 16:10:34 +0100

Hi there everyone,

I'm trying a new build of snort 1.8.1 on a Mandrake 8.0 Linux install.

The line I'm passing to ./configure is this :

./configure \
--bindir=/usr/bin \
--sbindir=/usr/sbin \
--sysconfdir=/etc/snort \
--with-mysql \
--with-snmp \
--enable-idmef \
--enable-smbalerts \
--enable-flexresp \
--with-libxml2-include=/usr/include

All of that seems pretty much ok to me - but when it runs I get a line which
starts complaining about a missing "libntp".

checking for ntp source directory (includes and libraries)... no
configure: error: ntp source directory not provided. Rerun configure using
--with-libntp-libraries=DIR

What on earth is libntp? Why is it needed?

And where can I get it?

I've checked the Mandrake mirrors for a libntp rpm, and there doesn't appear
to be one, unless it's called something more obscure than
"libntp-something-something" :)

I've also tried to check rpmfind.net, but it doesn't appear to want to talk
to me at the moment...

Cheers in advance,

Bry

********

Mercator - find out more at http://www.mercator.com

The information in this email is confidential and is intended solely for the addressee(s). Access to this email by
anyone else is unauthorised.  If you are not an intended recipient, you must not read, use or disseminate the
information contained in the email.
Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the sender specifically states
them to be the views of Mercator Software Ltd.
Email to and from Mercator may be monitored.

********