Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort 1.8.1 and AXP (Alpha) based Linux.

From: Martin Roesch <roesch () sourcefire com>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 22:31:22 -0400

Please read the BUGS file and fill us in on the details, then run a
backtrace (detailed in the BUGS file) so that we can see what's going on
and make some diagnosis.  Thanks!

     -Marty

"Carl C." wrote:

Hi,

    I'm new to the list but have been running Snort for over a year.
Snort 1.7 worked nicely and I've just recently upgraded to the
new Snort 1.8.1-released.

    I am losing snort every so often with the following command
left in /var/log/messages:

Aug 17 06:01:01 axp1 kernel: snort(32485): unaligned trap at 000000012004b0b0: 402207a34821f621 29 2

    Any ideas on best how to debug this??? Or do I have to go
back to snort 1.7 (don't want to... but can...). Its on RedHat V7.1
with all current patchs from update.redhat.com.

    Thanks!
    Carl

p.s. I'm digest based, so for faster response do feel free to send the reply directly to
me at cc-at-carlc-dot-com.

--
Martin Roesch
roesch () sourcefire com