Snort mailing list archives

Re: Start up options

From: "Chris Eidem" <jceidem () dexma com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 10:12:52 -0500

OpenBSD 2.8-stable
Snort 1.7 (straight compile)
Dell XPS 500 (PIII-500, 128M, 8G HD)
xl1, fxp0 - no IP
xl0 - rfc1918 IP

I don't know if a packet causes the snort binary log to gack, but I
usually get three or four packets into a dump and then:

pcap_loop: bogus savefile header
Exiting...

I can use hexdump to view the file, but it hurts.

Chris

The -d is redundant, but it shouldn't matter because the logging
functionality determines whether there's a performance hit.  (i.e. there
is none in this mode)

What OS are you on?

    -Marty

Chris Eidem                        Dexma, Inc.
Network Administrator              7701 York Av. S.
Phone: 952.229.1311                Edina, MN 55435

So, the Buddha walks into a pizza parlor and says,
"Make me one with everything."