Snort mailing list archives

RE: Snort as a service in W2k

From: "Johnson, David" <DJohnson () IronMountain com>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 18:56:00 -0400

As an idea, make sue that when you are testing running Snort from the
command line that you start in C:\ and run with the same command line
options (this will recreate the service's attempt to start).  I have had
similar experiences setting up the service where the problem was one of a
path typo or some other such silly mistake.

Good luck.