Snort mailing list archives

Re: Boy, I'm in trouble now...

From: Martin Roesch <roesch () sourcefire com>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 08:35:13 -0400

Interesting fact: When 300+ anti-virus programs detect something like
code red in an incoming transmission, they also feel compelled to let
snort-users-admin (i.e. me) know about it as well.  Imagine my joy as my
overstuffed inbox had to soak that one up... :)

    -Marty

Phil Wood wrote:

Folks,

I sure do want to apologize to the list for sending the code red binary out.

But, the good news is that lots of you have anti virus software running on
your mail relays.

The bad news is you don't get to see a copy of the virus.  Somewhat less
bad news is that I'm getting a ton of notifications.

And, you know what, I'm happy about that.  It's as it should be.

Keep on snorting, and remember it could happen to you. %^)

Phil

--
Martin Roesch
roesch () sourcefire com