Snort mailing list archives

Re: OpenBSD compile error

From: Italo Antonio <imigotto () proteus com br>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 17:03:34 -0400

when you untar a file it keeps the original timestamps on files, your clock
must be wrong and the snort files are being created with "future"
timestamps.. adjust your clock to the correct settings using the "date"
command and try again..

Italo.

al3x payne wrote:

I'm trying to building snort on an OpenBSD 2.9 machine.  When I run
'./configure' inside the downloaded snort directory, I get the following
output:

"creating cache ./config.cache
checking whether build environment is sane... configure: error: newly
created file is older than distributed files!
Check your system clock"

What the heck does this mean??!  Thanks...

::al3x payne