Snort mailing list archives

Re: Promiscuous mode

From: Ralf Hildebrandt <Ralf.Hildebrandt () innominate com>
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2001 09:29:13 +0200

On Fri, Sep 14, 2001 at 11:24:09AM -0500, snortlst snortlst wrote:
Is that mandatory to set a NIC on snort machine to promiscuous mode?

No.

(I mean should I set it manually or snort installation performs it automatically?)

Depends on the flags you call Snort with...
--
Ralf.Hildebrandt () innominate com                           innominate AG
+49.(0)30.308806-62  fax: -77                         networking people