Snort mailing list archives

ACID errors

From: pbsarnac () ThoughtWorks com
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 14:01:12 -0500

I'm getting the following error in ACID whenever I pull up any Unique
Alerts or Most Recent Alerts or Frequent Alerts lists:

Database ERROR:You have an error in your SQL syntax near '' at line 1

By poking around in mysql, I've traced it to one of two signatures that we
started seeing alerts on this morning. Whenever I do a search in ACID for
readme.eml, I get the error, although searches for other signatures (such
as "roughly ICMP") are fine. I'm not at all a SQL or php guy, so I'm
stumped. Where do I troubleshoot from here?

Snort Version 1.8.1-RELEASE (Build 74)
ACID v0.9.6b1

These are the signatures (from the snort.sourcefire.com ruleset):
web-misc.rules:alert tcp $EXTERNAL_NET 80 -> $HOME_NET any (msg:"WEB-MISC
readme.eml autoload attempt"; flags:A+; content:"window.open
(\"readme.eml\""; nocase; classtype:attempted-user; sid:1290; rev:3;
reference:url,www.cert.org/advisories/CA-2001-26.html;)
web-misc.rules:alert tcp $EXTERNAL_NET 80 -> $HOME_NET any (msg:"WEB-MISC
readme.eml attempt"; flags:A+; uricontent:"readme.eml"; nocase;
classtype:attempted-user; sid:1284; rev:3;
reference:url,www.cert.org/advisories/CA-2001-26.html;)

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
pat s.