Snort mailing list archives

FIX [snort-users] Bug in archiving with ACID 0.9.6b13+

From: roman () danyliw com
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 01:11:35 US/Eastern

I have committed a patch to CVS which should fix at least some of the
issues currently being experienced with alert archiving in ACID.

-  Please update from CVS
-  If you continue to have problems associated with archiving please set
$debug_mode=2 in acid_conf.php and send me the outputted HTML with the errors.

cheers,
Roman

-- On September 25 2001  <roman () danyliw com> wrote --

I wanted to alert the community that I am aware of a bug in the archiving
functionality of ACID v0.9.6b13+ which causes the "Ignoring XXX duplicatea
 lerts" warning and ignores the alerts.   I have also received reports of
reference information not being propogated correctly when alerts are
successfully archived.

I am working on identifying the bug and creating the necessary patch.

Roman