Snort mailing list archives

snort logging newbie question take 2

From: twig les <twigles () yahoo com>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 12:57:53 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

Thnx for the response, I forgot the "s around the
logto: file and it took 2 days to ask for help....
Anyhoo, now that my alerts are happily logging to
seperate files, is there a way I can get the alerts to
NOT log to the general alert file?

I'd like to log Cisco alerts to cisco.alert, SNMP to
SNMP.alert etc. and have the rest fall into the
default alert account.  If the alerts log to both then
I would potentially waste a lot of space.

Right now I'm testing new tools for possible use in an
ISP environment (as licensing permits of course) and
Snort looks like it's head&shoulders above the rest.

Twigles,
twigles () yahoo com