Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort Db Problem

From: roman () danyliw com
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 14:15:54 US/Eastern

/usr/local/mysql/lib/mysql needs to be in your library path.

Depending on your platform:

- you may need to set your LD_LIBRARY_PATH enviroment
variable to include the directory containing the needed library
(probably /usr/local/mysql/lib/mysql).

- OR  you have to  add "/usr/local/mysql/lib/mysql" to your
/etc/ld.so.conf file and run ldconfig.

Roman

I may be missing something here but I am trying to snort up and running with
MySql Support
Configured the source with ./configure --enable-flexresp
--with-mysql=/usr/local/mysql

Seems to compile fine..
Created the database schema etc , granted the rights to the user , ran the
create database script from the contrib dir.

Edited the configuration file for snort for output to mysql.
When I launch snort with the following
../snort -c snort.conf
../snort: error in loading shared libraries: libmysqlclient.so.10: cannot

This is what I get...
This file is located in the mysql/lib/mysql dir..

Am I missing something?

Thanks