Snort mailing list archives

Re: Testing Snort

From: Wynn Fenwick <wfenwick () FHLSim com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 18:46:18 -0400

There are a couple that I have used in the past:

http://www.cablemodemhelp.com/portscan.htm

http://www.hackerwhacker.com

I'm sure there are several hundred out there by now.

Of course you can always try that shell account with nmap...

sleen wrote:

        Hello, I am new to snort and am wondering how other people test to see
if snort is working on their system.  I have seen security auditing
systems available on the web for on demand system challenges...is that
how you do it?  Or enlist a friend with scanning software?

-Jonathan

--
FHLSim - The Fantasy Hockey League Simulator of Choice
http://www.FHLSim.com/