Snort mailing list archives

Re: Re: Snort + iptables

From: Jason Haar <Jason.Haar () trimble co nz>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 09:16:52 +1200

On Mon, Jul 23, 2001 at 09:46:43PM +0000, SHAIFUL HASHIM wrote:
Hi,

I know that Alexander Newald has written Snort2IPTables, but I am less
interested in an automated response than I am in capturing packets in my
snort db. Is there a way to assimilate iptables logs into the Snort
databese? I use gShield and a very restrictive ruleset, and I would like
to also see the things that iptables/gShield is dropping. Is there a way
to do this?

Next release of logsnorter will have support for iptables.

Next release will be announced when I'm sure I've figured out the new Snort
1.8 SQL DB format...

--
Cheers

Jason Haar

Unix/Special Projects, Trimble NZ
Phone: +64 3 9635 377 Fax: +64 3 9635 417