Snort mailing list archives

Re: Remote management of snort

From: Jed Pickel <jed () pickel net>
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2001 01:52:29 -0400

On Sat, Sep 01, 2001 at 10:21:40AM +0530, Vikalp Nagori wrote:
I am using ACID as console and snort 1.7 is installed as network
sensor on remote location.  I have installed snort 1.8 , created new
database but I am not able to use with ACID.

Check to ensure that you:
o created the new database with the schema distributed with 1.8
  ./contrib/create_*
o gave your user proper permissions to the database
o are not using the -A command line option
o have properly configured ACID http://acidlab.sourceforge.net/acid_faq.html

If none of that works send along your database config line, the
command line you invoke snort with, and the output you get when snort
starts.

* Jed