Snort mailing list archives

upgrading ACID

From: "Todd Ransom" <transom () extremelogic com>
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2001 17:18:37 -0400

I'm running ACID on a windows 2000 machine.  Everything is running all on one box - snort 1.7, mysql , IIS 5, ACID
0.9.6b9 w/ adodb, php and other prerequisites.  Everything has been working great but now I've decided to upgrade ACID
so that I can archive events to a separate db.  I backed up my mysql database and installed the newest version of ACID
into a separate directory in the IIS web root.  I configured the acid_conf.php, and setup the db when prompted by ACID.

Now when I use the updated version of acid all my alerts have an id of 0.  If I go back to the old version it's fine.
Is there something else I need to do when upgrading?

TIA,
TR