Snort mailing list archives

Re: ACID and MySQL questions

From: meling <meling () tra ws>
Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2006 17:26:51 +0800

Next question.... I can't find any info on what exactly a snort sensor that
is not running MySQL needs in the way of MySQL libraries to be able to log
to a central MySQL DB server.  Can I get away with installing the MySQL
client?  So far I have been doing full blown installs of MySQL on each
sensor.  Anyone doing something different?

you can install the mysql client on the snort sensor:
./configure --without-server

mysql has its own encrytion for db connections, but i don't trust this.

--mel