Snort mailing list archives

RE: Good Gbit card for Snorting?

From: "Bob Walder" <bwalder () nss co uk>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 08:43:12 -0000

Abe,

You get to see this twice since I forgot to cc the list the first time....
d'oh!

No plans to do this at present, since we have pretty much settled on FreeBSD
as our reference platform. The plan is to build a complete box, optimised as
far as possible in every respect, as a sort of "proof of concept" to see how
fast Snort can go on a platform made up of freely available components.

Regards,

Bob