Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort &postgresql (possibly stupid question department)

From: roman () danyliw com
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2001 21:10:28 US/Eastern

Take a look at Question #E-1 of the ACID FAQ:

http://acidlab.sourceforge.net/acid_faq.html

Roman

On Mon, 22 Oct 2001, Mark Forsyth wrote:

Hiya,
     Maybe I've lost the plot completely but.. Snort stores IP addresses (
Ip_src & ip_dst ) in the iphdr table as a bigint so a select of that table
returns ...:-

snort=# select ip_src,ip_dst from iphdr;
   ip_src   |   ip_dst
------------+------------
 3587915298 | 3416531087
 3507146690 | 3416531087
 3507159138 | 3416531087

My question is how to do the conversion to the IPv4 (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx)
format ? Presumably I'm missing something obvious, in fact so obvious that
I haven't a hope of seeing it ??

I used the script supplied in snort-1.8.1-RELEASE to create the database.
(snort-1.8.1-RELEASE/contrib/create_postgresql)

TIA
Mark F...