Snort mailing list archives

Re: ACID Sensor query

From: roman () danyliw com
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 14:06:42 US/Eastern

There is currently no way to "fix" the sensor ID.  ACID provides no
support for restricting what data can be viewed in the database.

Of course this doesn't mean the code could not be hacked up to provide this
functionality.  The quick way to do this would probably involve replacing
all 'acid_event.sid = <some table>.sid' with 'acid_event.sid = 1'.
Likewise, all SQL which does not impose criteria on the SID, would also
required an explicit 'sid = 1' in the WHERE clause.

Roman