Snort mailing list archives

snort mysql logging and portscan

From: "Ronneil Camara" <ronneilc () remingtonltd com>
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2001 17:57:26 -0600

Hi guys,

What should be the content of "preprocessor portscan" if our
output_database is
output database: log, mysql, user=snort dbname=snort_log
password=password host=localhost

Should I still enable "preprocessor portscan" or comment it out ? or
will it log the portscans to mysql snort database?

I've got another question.

I was thinking of how I can manage my snort rules. Assuming we have
trimmed the rules. Would you advice me to do an automatic update of
snort rules by downloading it from snort.org? Coz what I'm thinking now
is that, if I do that, then my snort.conf will be overwritten. What's
the best approach for this?

Thanks in advance!!! :-)

Neil