Snort mailing list archives

Disable local logging

From: "Frank Reid" <fcreid () ourcorner org>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 07:42:11 -0500

Is there a way to disable local logging (to /var/log/snort) entirely, or
does that break normal operations?  (It may be something simple in
snort.conf, but I can't find it.)  On my active sensors, I've found the log
directory fills up quickly to a point where Snort can no longer add
directory entries.  It may be unrelated, but it also appears Snort
occasionally stops reporting upstream to the MySQL database under heavy
traffic volume.  The Snort process doesn't die on the sensor, so the demarc
wrapper does not know to restart it.

Frank