Snort mailing list archives

Problems wth Win 2K install of snort

From: "Ravdal, Stig" <stig.ravdal () digitalpaper com>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 16:02:48 -0500

Hi,
I was wondering if anyone has had an issue with snort installed on Windows
2000; in particular with the WinPcap library?
I have installed snort on the box according to a doc on
www.silcondefense.com/techsupport/winsnortsnarf_1.8.2.htm

When I test snort with E:\Snort>Snort -vi1
it works just fine - I see the output so I think therefore snort is doing
it's job.
When I try E:\Snort>Snort -c E:\Snort\snort.conf -I C:\inetpub\wwwroot\Logs
-i1

I get this error:

Initializing network interface \
ERROR: OpenCap<> FSM compilation failed:
        illegal char 'c'
PCAP command: c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\Logs -i1
Fatal Error, Quitting..

It is the c in "c:\Inet...." that it doesn't like.  If I change directories
it gives a that directory as the error char.

Anyone seen this before and knopw what to do?

Thanks for any help,

Stig