Snort mailing list archives

RE: Snort on Win2k with Ethereal

From: "Michael Steele" <michaels () silicondefense com>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 09:59:50 -0800

Try Snort -v and see if you get the same error. How did you install
Snort? If you used an auto installer, it most likely failed when it
installed WinPcap. You can also try removing WinPap from the Add/Remove
panel and install a fresh copy. Not the BETA but a Release version

-Mike

Commercial Snort Support <<->> 1.866.41.SNORT
  Silicon Defense - www.silicondefense.com
    Home of the new SENTRUS Snort sensor!
  Michael Steele - Snort Support Technician