Snort mailing list archives

Re: how to disable spp_porscan?

From: robe () alfa21 com (Roberto Suarez Soto)
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2001 10:19:40 +0100

On Dec/20, Phil Wood wrote:

The important point is, there is no way portscan will get started UNLESS
you make it happen.  In this case, I think you did something like
  ls > your high level include file
and did not realize you had another conf file in the directory.  You

        That was *RIGHT* the case. I use a semi-automatic script to download
rules from snort's homepage and debianize them, and that was a bit left from
the last upgrade of the script. I've removed that line, and now, as it should,
it doesn't detect portscans.

        Thank you very much for your help. I'm just sorry I didn't realize
myself of such a stupid error O:-)

--
Roberto Suarez Soto                                     Alfa21 Outsourcing
    robe () alfa21 com                               http://www.alfa21.com