Snort mailing list archives

Snort, FreeBSD and Multiple NICs

From: Dave Elfering <elfering () wernerlogistics com>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 09:43:25 -0500

I'm running FreeBSD 4.4 and Demarc 1.05 RC2 on a Dell Precision (1GB RAM,
800Mhz CPU) with an Adaptec quad ethernet card.

I must be brain damaged, because I'm not seeing how to select several
interfaces.

I want to minimally run Snort on two interfaces watching separate network
segments, and experiment with watching up to 4 segments. This is just
cleaner for me than setting up a probe for each silly network I want to
monitor.

Sorry if this is FAQ fodder some place, but I haven't seen this question
answered.