Snort mailing list archives

Re: snort local.rules help

From: John Sage <jsage () finchhaven com>
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2001 08:16:24 -0700

Brent:

Try commenting the offending line in snort.conf out, thusly:

# include local.rules

- John

--
John Sage
FinchHaven, Vashon Island, WA, USA

Brent wrote:

Im trying to run snort on my FBSD 4.3 box ...when i start it doing:

/usr/local/bin/snort -d -h 192.168.0.0/24 -l /var/log/snort.log -c /usr/local/etc/snort.conf &
  from /etc/rc.conf

i get it cant initialize because it cant find local.rules.... however the local.rules is in the the default directory for snort

but its empty

there is A local.rules.sample but im not sure how to apply it to my situation..

any help is greatly appreciated

Brent