Snort mailing list archives

Re: Real time alerting with multiple sensors

From: "Tony Scalzitti" <tony () scalzitti org>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 17:56:16 -0500

I had a similar issue.  I used mysql (its faster and all those sensors can't
wait).  I wrote a small Win32 front-end to the snort database in VB 6.  It
checks the database every 1-10 minutes for new alerts and shows them to me,
it also writes a HTML file in its working directory that I have as a active
desktop item.  If you are on a *nix workstation you could go with syslog-ng
and just run a tail -f (as I do for my PIX logs).

The tool SnortFE is on my web site if you want to take a look, it has a few
other features as well.

http://security.scalzitti.org

-T