Snort mailing list archives

RE: Problem connecting to local mysql with new acid and new snort

From: Bruce Platt <Bruce () ei3 com>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 11:12:02 -0500

Well,  thanks!  It was staring me in the face, wasn't it.

Simple fix was to create a link pointing /tmp/mysql.sock to
.var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock.

Seems like this is a crude way to fix the problem.

Anyone know a better fix?  I.e., where in acid to change pointer, though I
suppose reconfiguring mysql to use the acid-preferred location of
/tmp/mysql.sock would be better.

Regards