Snort mailing list archives

Re: flexresp

From: Grant Parkinson <grantp () userid0 com>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1904 22:58:36 -0759

If the snort sensor is not serving as a GW it should be located on a segment or mirrored port through which it can view the connections you would like to RST. Snort is not modifying the data 'in-flight', it is sending an RST with spoofed source addr and sequence.

Have a look at README.FLEXRSP for additional info.

--
 grant p.

I built snort machine with mysql support.I didn't include flexresp. I just
wonder-can I use flexresp if machine is not a default gateway for the
network? If it is not the dg, then how it will reset some connections and
prevent them from getting inside the network?