Snort mailing list archives

driver problems on NT/2000

From: zsimre () raiffeisen hu
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 17:40:40 +0100

Is there any experience which driver or snort version mentioned to which
version of windows ? I mean 2.1 WinPcap for 1.8.3 Snort only and 2.1 and
higher WinPcap works only on win2000 or something like that.
I have serious problems at starting snort, win boxes hangs up with
"OpenPcap() device open : error on  opening adapter" message.

I checked FAQs, no info about the problems.

Thx, Best Regards

This document should only be read by those persons to whom it is addressed
and is not intended to be relied upon by any person without subsequent
written confirmation of its contents. Accordingly, our company disclaim all
responsibility and accept no liability (including in negligence) for the
consequences for any person acting, or refraining from acting, on such
information prior to the receipt by those persons of subsequent written
confirmation.

If you have received this E-mail message in error, please notify us
immediately by telephone. Please also destroy and delete the message from
your computer.

distribution and/or publication of this E-mail message is strictly
prohibited.