Snort mailing list archives

RE: Snort 1.8.4 Released?

From: "Keith Ramsey" <keith () team inter net>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 13:55:05 -0500

I downloaded snort-1.8.4.tar.gz dated Sat Mar 16 01:32:36 2002 and it
doesn't seem to have "beta" in the version info. However, I had some
problems getting MySQL to work correctly - I compiled using the
--with-mysql=/usr/local/libexec (doing this on a FreeBSD 4.5 box) and it
couldn't find mysql.  So I went to the snort-stable-snapshot.tar.gz
dated Wed Mar 13 23:49:12 2002 and it compiled just fine with the mysql
support.  This one has 'beta5' in the version info.

Keith Ramsey
Sr Network Security Engineer
Inter.net Global Ltd.
(703)-456-3936

---
Out the NIC, down the cat5, thru the switch, across the router, over the
T1... Nothing but net!