Snort mailing list archives

RE: Re: Swatch like program for windows

From: "Michael Steele" <michaels () silicondefense com>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2002 13:31:02 -0800

Ray,

Snort will send alerts to MS Syslog. What I'm looking for is for
something that will operate like Swatch and send predefined alerts to
Email using a SMTP server, and hopefully run as a service. A perl script
would work, because I thing perl scripts can be compiled to executables
on Windows (not real sure, but I seem to have read something on this).

I have received a crud way to do this but it's not for the average
inexperienced user. I will post it on our site and leave a link here or
anyone can email me and I will pass it along.  Hopefully we will get
something that is very simple to use. If I receive anything else I will
pass it along to everyone.

Thanks to everyone that is helping.

Thanks,

-Michael Steele - michaels () silicondefense com