Snort mailing list archives

Puzzled with snort rules...

From: "Edwin Gaton Pua, Engineer BIE,SCV" <EDWIN () scv com sg>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 09:55:18 +0800

Hi,

     I've installed the snort-1.8.3-5.i386.rpm into my RH7.2 box as my ID
sensor and it works so far when i ran commands in sniffer and packet
logger mode (with -dv and -l) switches. It shows the real time packets and
logged them into /var/log/snort directory.

      But i want to run snort in NIDS mode and i am just puzzled on how to
configure my snort.conf  to communicate with the default snort rules
located in /etc/snort/ddos.rules, /etc/snort/exploit.rules, etc... do you
have sample config of snort.conf that communicates properly with snort
rules?

      Grateful to your response.

Regards,
Edwin

Subscribe to 6 mths of SCV MaxTV & get a Free Dining voucher worth $128!
Minimum subscription of $30 required. Call 873 3333 to subscribe now. Ts &
Cs apply.

This e-mail is confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the
intended recipient, please delete it and notify us at itsyteam () scv com sg
immediately. You should
not copy or use it for any purpose, nor disclose its contents to any other
person. Thank you.