Snort mailing list archives

Re: Remote collection of data from a Snort sensor in stealth mode

From: Ian Masters <ian () pineapple co jp>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 17:57:27 +0900

Would it be possible using ssh.

Ian

p.s. there was no need to tell people I am your colleague. There's no shame in shizophrenia.

Is there a way to remotely collect data from a snort sensor with 2 network cards connected to the same hub, one without an IP to collect network data in stealth mode and the other with an IP to allow collection of data remotely, without the sensor being visible on the network.

I can't see how this would be possible but a colleague of mine seems to think that it is?

Is it?