Snort mailing list archives

Re: Disabling rules without touching the originals

From: Marcus Spading <linuxnews () fragmentum net>
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2002 07:55:24 +0100

* Andreas Östling <andreaso () it su se> [020103 07:36]:
Is commenting out a rule or changing the vars in a rule so it doesnt match
anymore really the only way to archive this? How do you guys update and
organize your rulesets then?
I don't know if its going to help you, but I wrote a little script
(http://nitzer.dhs.org/oinkmaster/) to help me updating to the latest
rules and disable the unwanted ones (by #commenting in the actual rules
files). You could always give it a try if you want.

Thanks. I will have at look at it. Maybe it does what I want, but
commenting out rules I do not want isn't the way I wanted to go.

--
BNCU
Marcus