Snort mailing list archives

Re: Strange scan

From: "Corne van Strien" <strien () atilas nl>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 15:25:53 +0100

Hi,

I guess this might several things:

Trying to access a rsh daemon using IP spoofing and ISN value guessing, see
http://www.ebcvg.com/files/library/hacking/ip_spoofing.txt

a DOS attack meant for vulnerable RSH daemons.
An example of such a vulnerability:
http://www.securitytracker.com/alerts/2001/Dec/1002930.html

    Kind regards,

    Corne van Strien.